Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dance School Treasure Boxes

My younger daughter attends Steppin Out Dance Studio, owned by the lovely "Miss Kathy". When she learned of my creative endeavors and saw some of my card designs, she commissioned me to make a gift for each of her three graduating seniors. We agreed upon a decoupaged wooden box, where the girls could keep their treasured possessions.

I hand stamped various papers and book text with images that related to dance, and inspirational sentiments relating to their future journey in life. I then decoupaged the paper to the top and sides of the boxes, which I had painted in different colors. Finally, I antiqued the surface and applied a light mist of fine glitter. Miss Kathy was very pleased and has encouraged me to set up in her lobby, a display of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment