Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Summer Synopsis

Welcome back! Today is the Autumnal Equinox! It seems I took the summer off, although that was not my plan!

We kept pretty busy between camps, beach jaunts and vacation. My little one went to dance camp and culture camp, and the latter was featured on our local TV station, News 12 Long Island. My older daughter attended marching band camp, as an incoming freshman. She plays the flute, and in addition to football games, she will be performing at the Newsday Marching Band Festival at Hofstra University. It features the best local marching bands and will be available on YouTube.

In July, my husband decided for his birthday, to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. So we parked in Brooklyn, and walked across to lower Manhattan. We had a great pizza dinner in Little Italy at Lombardi's, the oldest pizzaria in the US. Zagat's says, "Best on the planet."

No comments:

Post a Comment