Monday, May 18, 2009

I Love My Bird Tags!




These are a few of my handmade bird themed tags that I sell on Etsy, "Your place to buy and sell all things handmade". Birds and nests are so very popular at the moment, and I see them in all areas of home decor. Maybe the appeal has to do not only with their beauty, but our desire to reconnect with natural simplicity in our lives.

The bird images on my tags are copied from original Victorian era trade cards from my collection. I've been collecting these beautiful miniature prints for several years because of the unique design images and brilliant colors. The printing process, chromolithography, was done on limestone printing slabs, and has become a lost art.

My tags incorporate bird and nest images, along with vintage book pages, beautifully printed patterned papers, rubber stamp images, with bits of vintage seam binding and mini scrabble tiles. They look great adorning a simply wrapped gift box, tied to a gift bottle or just hanging from a furniture knob.

No comments:

Post a Comment